Mega Open Houses and why we do them!
Mega Open houses are a lot of work and cost a lot of money to do. However I believe that if you are helping someone sell their house we should be giving it our 100% effort, this is why we do them. If you drive around Green Valley Ranch on an given Saturday you will most likely see my 15 foot tall open house flags and many of our signs. We usually put out between 40 and 60 signs depending on where the home is located. Our competitors usually put out between 3 and 10 signs. Here is the thought process behind doing the mega open houses.
Why we do them?
- They give us a reason to do additional marketing of the home on social medial, google, and flyering the closes homes! Your neighbors can be your greatest asset!
- We try to create a sense of urgency, our goal is if people are in a house with their realtor and we have 10 other people walking through it creates a buzz and sense of competition for the home.
- Potential someone will actually love the house and want to buy it themselves. This doesn’t happen often but sometimes people were thinking of buying and this can push them over the edge.
- People who would like to see the property but their Realtors are not able to show them. This happens a lot where someone wants to see a home but they are unable to coordinate a time that works for them and their realtor! We give them the ability to see the property and potentially get another buyer for our seller.
- Nosey neighbors, we love nosey neighbors as they might be the person that goes to work Monday and tells their co-worker or family member about the property. Everything we are doing is to get word of mouth and create a buzz for the home.
How we do them?
- We run a Facebook ad from the day we get the pictures to the time of the open house.
- We post videos on social medial especially the local Facebook pages. This literally gets us thousands of views for the property!
- We flyer the closest 100 to 200 homes. You neighbors can be your best weapon for selling your home.
- We have 16, 15 foot tall open house flags! We have over 60 signs! Our goal is to dominate the eyeball! This is 5 to ten times more than most people do for an open house!
- Have a lender attend the open house. Having a lender present can sometimes help answer questions or even get a buyer pre-qualified right there on site at the open house.
- Give away a $100 gift card to one lucky attendee of the open house. This means more traffic and helps get more eyes on the home!